Europe 2005

21 October 2005

Friday - Hong Kong

We landed in Hong Kong at about 2pm.

Hong Kong airport is a big improvement on the old one that I saw when I was here 17 years ago. The new one is very big, clean and efficient. It is located a long way from town but you catch a train from within the terminal that takes you to Kowloon or Hong Kong. Everything is very efficient - just like clockwork. A shuttle service takes you from the train to your hotel. Most impressive.

Our hotel is modern, comfortable, well organised and has great service.

After a shower, we went for a walk down Nathan Road to look at the shops. Then back to the hotel for happy hour drinks. Then back to the shops for the night market. Then back to the hotel for dinner.

I was most impressed by how helpful the local people are. If you look lost or if you pull out a map, someone will come up to you and help. At first I thought they were trying to sell something but they were genuinely trying to be helpful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home